In the last post, I discussed my stage fright, but In that post, I discussed singing competitions, not Public speaking.
For your kind information, I am a decent public speaker, and I won so many prizes in debates, speeches, etc.
So, let’s start from the start, I am an introvert, and I don’t like talking to people, I love being alone. I am still an introvert, After becoming one of the best public speakers. Now, I talk relatively less to people so, public speaking cannot change your behavior.
I was 14 when I first gave a speech, and I was not expecting any prize but they gave me 3rd. If you read my last post then, you know I don’t like when someone gets ahead of me. I was not expecting anything, but they gave me 3rd prize. I was like, “Give me first or don’t give me anything”.
So, I decided to be good at it. I started listening to the best speakers in history, and believe me the most influential speaker I found was “Hitler”. His speech in 1935 was so intense, powerful, energetic.
Then I listened to his speeches and, added his to my voice. In my last post, I told you that I listen to audio shouting to increase my confidence.
Now, I am practicing and the audience is shouting in my earphones. I was so confident. Then the competition came, and I won first prize in it. It boosted my confidence so much.
Then some competitions came, organized by union bank and They organized 5 speaking competitions, and I won 5 First Prizes. One first prize was shared by me and a girl.
Now some tips:-
- If you are a male, then add some bass (masculine energy)to your sound.
- If you are a female then add some famine energy(girlish voice) to your voice.
- If you are in a debate then be in that moment. It means you should feel what you say.
- Include hand actions in your speech.
- Improve your storytelling.
- Don’t just speak what you have learned, if a point strikes you during the speech “say it”.
- Practice as much as you can.
- Don’t care, if judges are listening or not. If you got the attention of the audience, then you are first.
Now I am sure you are good to go so “Practice”.